We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is jamesco

Our users have posted a total of 6714 messages in 132 subjects

(Re)Introduce Yourselves

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by Bren on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:24 am

Hi everyone, new offsite -- new members (hopefully). Could be worth reintroducing ourselves.

I'm Bren, I'm a 30 year old office drone that tries to make numbers sing.

It often doesn't work.

I joined Blackout Rugby after reading Moneyball by Michael Lewis. It made me think that I could manage a sports team so after joining up with a bunch of sites I ended up sticking with Blackout Rugby. This was back in 2011, a month or so after the Rugby World Cup. Apparently the first incarnation of my team was the Leith Valley Vikings. Currently my NZ team is undergoing a rebranding and going by the name of Pork Buns United. My Dutch team is still under the Giants moniker but will be renamed this week sometime.

I've had a couple of go's at the Journalist role and ran the NZI competition for a while. I've been absent for most of this (real life) year but I'm back for good now.

At the moment I'm just wondering when I'd want to use this smilie. afro

III.10: Vladimir Poutine
Bren
Amazing

Super Rugby Team : Highlanders

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by Elsteveo on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:29 am

Hi Guys ( again )

I am Elsteveo ( Steve ) I work at a Bank managing stuff usually IT projects.

I joined BR in season 8. Took me a while to get a hang of it but my main team Fellas is slowly moving towards the top 100 in the world.
I am pretty active in training U20 players with 8 over the last 10 seasons and of course the mighty All Black rep Nasoni Whakapapa is part of the Fellas team too.

I personally like this one scratch scratch

Elsteveo
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm from Christchurch but have lived for a few years in Dunedin. I'm a PhD student living in Sydney. I use different isotopic systems (uranium-lead, hafnium, and oxygen) to characterise scientifically important minerals called zircons. I deduce where the minerals that comprise sedimentary rocks (imagine beach sands that have been turned into rock) originally come from (when they first crystallised out of magma) far back in time and step back through supercontinent formation and break up of Rodinia and Gondwana. It is not for everyone, I find it absolutely fascinating.

My 3 loves are rugby, cricket and the natural world. So that is why I play BR yet I can't remember how I found it. Possibly looking for a Football Manager equivalent. I've been the NZ U20 manager before (and assistant) and currently have 2 players in the squad. I am also the Dutch NT manager and have been for the last 3 terms, and am immensely proud of what I have achieved with them.

I am partial to the cyclops as then I call out provincially biased people one-eyed more easily, but I would chose farao as I'm struggling to see when that would be applicable.

Last edited by ivelostmysparky on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
ivelostmysparky
Amazing

Back to top Go down

Post by gimping on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:49 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm gimping (or Rob). Since joining BR I have either been a student or a farmer, however due to completion of my degree and a current inability to do physical labour (due to a second shoulder reconstruction) I am about to start a new career in banking. Exciting stuff!

I have several passions, including rugby (hence the shoulders are buggered), golf and the outdoors. I stumbled across BR while at university while simon71 and I flatted together, when I say stumbled across I mean he got me hooked..... My team started in season 15 and has just won its first division 3 title, currently I am an assistant to Brentton for the U20 side and have trained players for the U20's for the last few seasons.

gimping
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by blakers on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:31 pm

Hey everyone.I'm blakers (Blake). I'm currently working on a dairy farm , just out of Gore,Southland.

I first started BR In season 13. The last 2 seasons have seen my team, the Waikato warriors improve quickly. After I made my first div 3 semi final 2 seasons ago, I improved last season and won the bronze final and are closing in on the top 1000 teams for the first time.

blakers
Despicable

Back to top Go down

Hello NZ Blackout!

Post by ChrisBerry on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:30 am

Hello, my name is (unsurprisingly) Chris and I'm the manager of five teams in BR. I am currently a student based in Scotland, UK but would like to help NZ BR. If possible I would like to train a few stars for the S30 U20 squad, using both my NZ team and affiliates. They all have full level 5s.

ChrisBerry
Satisfactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:46 am

ChrisBerry wrote:If possible I would like to train a few stars for the S30 U20 squad, using both my NZ team and affiliates.  They all have full level 5s.

Sounds good to me!

Bren
Amazing

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisBerry on Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:00 am

I would welcome any help encouraging good scouting and then notification of plans to sell so I can allocate adequate funds for each player and free up training spaces. Look forward to helping out!

ChrisBerry
Satisfactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantherus on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:44 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm Pantherus in BR. I've been playing since Season 5 or so but have been just farming and coasting along for a few seasons now as I've largely lost interest in the game as it stands. I think the U20 loss broke me... I have been the NZ U20 Manager where sparky and I led the team into the Cup Quarterfinal where Russia pipped us. I am also a part-time Developer and Forum Moderator and have been working closely with Jeremy on the game for a long time. I personally created a few minor tools in the game but have mostly used my role as a Bugs Lounge mod where I try to tackle reported bugs so Jeremy doesn't have to spend as much time there. Of course these days other managers get there before me, or they require a level of access that J hasn't given me. I'm also the primary Administrator of the NZI - which hasn't run for a few seasons now cause I'm a lazy-arse but I'm trying to bring back!

IRL I'm 31, Married with two children and work full-time as an Applications Support Analyst...so I'm not here much...
Pantherus
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by simon71 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Hi im simon, im a sheep farmer from the middle of nowhere. I used to be a very active br member, however nowadays my only internet access is via a very cheap cellphone with very little reception.My main team is the Mud Dogs, who continue to punch above their weight having somehow snuck into a division 2 final this season despite my lack of attention. The Mud Dogs main claim to fame lies in Luke Menzies, current NZ 1st 5. MyU20 affiliate is based in the ivory coast and is currently focused on training former u20s prop jake Gilbert towards the BR all blacks.
simon71
Impressive

Super Rugby Team : Crusaders

Back to top Go down

Post by simon71 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:44 pm

Apologies for the cock up, the word "U20" describes Luke Menzies, not my affiliate. Not sure why my phone keeps doing that...
simon71
Impressive

Super Rugby Team : Crusaders

Back to top Go down

Post by chewy on Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:59 pm

Chewy

Have a small IT business focussing on extending brand reach and engagement through social media for small businesses.
Been playing since S1, on and off the game at present - 5 teams spread throughout the BR world. In theory becoming a MOD was suppose to heal all my past BR wounds, make me a better person etc, but it's still hard. Hard to deal with knobs basically. I'm a pisces apparently we are not suppose to be that way. My three kids all have their own bedrooms, but sometimes they sleep with us. FML.

Love/hate this game. Love these forums as when these are going good, BR goes good.
Peace.
Vote Greens next election.

p.s where's Petey? Basketball
chewy
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by humantool on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:15 am

Greetings All,

Known on blackout r as humantool, from the valley of the foxes, currently residing in Perth, Australia but there is no canary yellow about here its all black and white (though I try not to be too one eyed). Been training Mercury Bay squad since 2010 have slowly developed & trained a squad up to 3rd place division III. Haven't had much contact with anyone on br, 1st time here on the offsite. Very uninformed really, just heard about players from expiring teams being auctioned off cheaply in rounds 8&16 on the tm. Makes sense now how teams can have a squad over 200k each lol. Have trained 3 u20 players, 2 current, 1 of which is another of the nz 1st 5 Thomas Stacey (Hi Simon71, nice to know you got Luke Menzies.) Looking forward to the u20 world cup s26.
Any advice would be cool if anyone has any, like I say I don't know much about this game. Thanks guys

humantool
Average

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:23 am

Hi all, im robelix, manager of Hercufleas United.
I like to think I’m the greatest manager to have never won the NZ League One championship outright! ( I did manage the trophy in Season 4, though won on the halftime rule after the final score was drawn)…plenty of runner-up trophies throughout the first decade of BR rugby…and not a lot else since then except some successes with the national trophy.

Personally, have been living in Northland for the last 2 years after quite some time living in the Waikato. Grew up in Northland, so that is the place I call home. Work for a DHB in the Drug and Alcohol field, qualified as a Social Worker and as an Addictions Practitioner. Wonderful South African wife and 2 fantastic young kids.

and if I were to pick an emoticon...i would go for this one.. affraid
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by SmellyStuff on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:57 pm

Michael here, manager of Old McDonald Had a Farm which sort of gives an idea of my activity in BR now. I guess my team used to be fairly prominent in NZ but over time my interest dwindled until now I just farm players for the ABs and U20s.

Currently working as an intern pharmacist at a West Auckland community pharmacy after spending way too much studying but hope to eventually move into a hospital position.

SmellyStuff
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by Kruizey on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:19 am

Hi all,

My name is Kruizey, my team is the Wetaskiwin Wolves and we have been lurking in Div 3 forever (basically due to a lack of attention on my part). I also mainly farm for u20s having one player in each U20 generation trained on 10 nets. I also train NT lock and sometimes captain Semi.

I trained as a Lawyer but a series of fortunate events lead me to Canada where my girlfriend is training as a Dr. My work is supporting development work in indigenous communities in the Canadian North. As such I am currently in Pangnirtung, Nunavut about 33km from the arctic circle dodging icebergs in the middle of summer. People here eat seal and occasionally see Polar Bears.

Kruizey
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:02 am

are you for real kruisey, that is freakin awesome (about the indigenous work and polar bears stuff...not the BR stuff)
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kruizey on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:48 am

yip for real. No polar bears here now. I did see a black bear that was being butchered after it wandered to close to a school in one community I lived in for a while. Generally the success of my BR team is inverse to whats going on in my real life.

Kruizey
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by SJTrugby on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:52 am

SJT here - lawyer. Currently in-house at a car company in Melbourne; after 12 years in Vietnam. I haven't paid proper attention to my team for about 8 seasons now, but they're ticking along. Really need to learn to use the TM. Also to find time to actually scout and set line-ups on more than a hunch. My almost 5yo and 3.5yo don't make it easy though.

SJTrugby
Non-Existent

Back to top Go down

Post by specialk on Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:01 pm

SpecialK/Matt here. Been playing for yonks but never got past div III, and my team yo-yo's between III and IV.

I do have 3 NAT players though, and they are basically why I play the game.

IRL I am a BDM for a taxi billing company in Auckland, and also trying to build my own little business empire. I have an app out called Fueltracker which lets you see fuel prices at petrol stations. Auckland/iPhone only at the moment, feel free to check it out - http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/fueltracker/id971872482

Home of:
- Kevin Norris (188 NZ caps)
- Paul Stackpole (168 NZ caps)

Former home of:
- Tucker Danby (155 NZ caps)

specialk
Reputable

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaun51 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi guys, Im Shaun, manager of Western (Currently in Zimbabwe)

Started in S7 and then spent the next 15 seasons in NZ before moving to Zimbabwe. Spent most of my time in Div 3 in NZ and am currently in Zimbabwe's Div1, hopefully will avoid auto-reglegation again!

I am currently at university in Wellington studying towards a Bachelor of Commerce. Halfway through the degree at the moment and hope to get a job back home once completed in a few years!

Shaun51
Horrible

Back to top Go down

Post by aius on Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:08 pm

Hi Guys, I'm Aius ( Adrian )
I joined Blackout Rugby back in season 7 but didn't start playing properly until season 8. My team is Norse Vikings and they play at Kattegat Stronghold Stadium and I am currently in division 2 trying to crack it in to division 1.
I have trained a couple of players for NZ U20s and also one for Kenya U20s that is now one of the most capped Kenyan Nat players in the current team, as well as a few U20 players for other countries.

In real life I don't do much haha, I have a degree in sport and exercise science but I don't use it and work in a Aluminum warehouse as an assistant team leader.

aius
Satisfactory

Back to top Go down

Post by amz on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:38 pm

Hello everyone,

Good to be back here and pity the old site has gone.

Well, I am amz (Andrei), manager from Romania and I spent few seasons in NZ with an affiliate before moving to a more friendly timezone. I joined Blackout around season 6 but started to pay attention in Season 8. I had a keen interest in International scene and I coached Romania U20, Georgia, Poland and now Romania NT while being assistant for Uruguay U20 and NT and give some advice to Germany U20. My main club is Wallachians RFC which is usually making the playoffs in first league. I also have a club in Uruguay and one in England.

Curently I train an Baby Black for S26 WC among other rep players.

In real life I am a litigation and criminal defense lawyer and judicial officer for Romanian Rugby Federation.

amz
Horrible

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi all,

I am a 38 yo software developer. I was born in Spain, I met my wife in Spain, I raised my young family in Spain... and then I found a job in France (too bad no one in NZ was looking for a profile like mine). We are all learning French now Smile

BTW: it was a funny moment when I first went to Monaco (60 kms away from here) I was trying to push the stroller (with my two children in it) to the next sidewalk when all of a sudden a helping hand came in the fashion of a guy 2 meters tall. I said: Merci! just to find out that redhead face was somewhat familiar.... Ali Williams!!!! I shouted in disbelief. His wife smiled back but he kind of ignored me.

Been in love with the All Blacks for 28 years and I have endured the "chokers" tag for the better part of it. In 2007 internet allowed me to start enjoying Super14 and even the NPC but I am yet to decide what Super Rugby franchise I support (last year it was the Chiefs, this year it's the Blues, I might not be bringing the best of lucks, I know). In the ITM Cup (formerly known as Air New Zealand Cup, formerly known as NPC) I usually like the Turbos and the Magpies, but I also have a soft spot for Tasman.

I discovered BR in November 2015, end of season 26. I was trying to find a cure to my unhealthy addiction to an online game called Travian (don't ever try) and somehow found it. Instant love.

Last edited by tryasta on Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
tryasta
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren on Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:23 pm

Welcome to the Offsite tryasta!

I bumped into Ali Williams once in a diary in Freemans Bay. He was buying milk.

Bren
Amazing

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top