Latest topics
» Season 33 General Discussion
by ivelostmysparky Yesterday at 6:33 pm

» CSR Predictor
by tryasta Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:41 pm

» [S33] NZI banter
by tryasta Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:10 pm

» Season 32 General Discussion
by tryasta Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:53 pm

» [S32] NZI banter
by ivelostmysparky Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:57 pm

» U20 All Time Player Stat Leaders & Game Records
by Cidusii Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:21 am

» NT Player List
by Cidusii Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:18 am

» [S31] NZI banter
by chewy Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:43 pm

» Season 32 CC signups
by simon71 Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:22 pm

Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is jamesco

Our users have posted a total of 6714 messages in 132 subjects

(Re)Introduce Yourselves

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by donkeysaint on Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:53 am

Hi all!

I'm donkeysaint, a soon-to-be 40 year old Swede with a special love for NZ. I played real life rugby, mostly at 7, up until eight years ago when I absolutely broke my knee during a game. Luckily for me the surgeon did a great job and made me good as new, but I figured it was a good time to stop. My rugby days saw me earn a cap for Sweden, play a season in the Waikato premiership and a season in Barcelona, Spain.

I came to BR in season 20 through Rugbymania, another rugby management game. RM had become too simplistic, I thought, and BR's greater complexity caught me. I am currently trying to work my way up my Division III league, but hey, I did make the Round of 16 in the cup last season! Wink
I am also happy to have my first player in the U20 squad, hope he earns his first cap this weekend.

As I write, my 18 month old twin sons are sleeping in the next room, as is their mother (who thinks I spend too much time with BR. She is right of course Smile). Now I must clean up the mess in the kitchen and tomorrow I'll go on teaching teenagers history and social science. Good night!

PS. My rugby claim-to-fame, more than my cap really, must be to have played with Nathan White in Te Awamutu during my season in NZ. Very Happy Only realised the other day that he played for Ireland in the RWC. DS.

_________________
Auckland Katipos R.F.C.  |    |   Div. II.2  |  Main Club

Suva Kiwis Rugby Club      |    |   Div. III.11  |  Player Farm

avatar
donkeysaint
Amazing

Posts : 790
Join date : 2015-08-13
Location : Stockholm

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by tryasta on Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:34 pm

donkeysaint wrote:My rugby days saw me earn a cap for Sweden, play a season in the Waikato premiership and a season in Barcelona, Spain.

Surprised  Surprised  Surprised

Hey! I was born and bred in Barcelona!!!  I spent 26 years of my life there. What club did you play at in Barcelona?
avatar
tryasta
Grand

Posts : 992
Join date : 2015-11-20
Location : Cannes

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by chewy on Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:38 pm

Played many games against Nathan White when I was playing in the prems for Te Rapa. Hell of a man, and book end.
avatar
chewy
Sumptuous

Posts : 419
Join date : 2015-08-10
Location : Waikato. But Black White All Day Hawkes Bay!

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by donkeysaint on Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:24 pm

tryasta wrote:Surprised  Surprised  Surprised

Hey! I was born and bred in Barcelona!!!  I spent 26 years of my life there. What club did you play at in Barcelona?
Cool! In USAP Barcelona, during 2005-2006. My brother was with me too, we were know as the two IKEAs. Smile Lived on on a cross street to Tarragona, half way up the street from Placa de Espana.

chewy wrote:Played many games against Nathan White when I was playing in the prems for Te Rapa. Hell of a man, and book end.
I agree, Whitey is a great guy. We almost ended up as house mates, but in the end we (my brother was with me there too) stayed at the YWCA in Hamilton.  Shocked  Razz  Picked up by a minivan every other day for training at Albert Park in Te Awamutu. This was back in 2004. Had a great time and learned so much about rugby. Meet and trained with Jono Gibbes and Sitivenu Sivivatu on one occasion and went on a weekend camp led by John Mitchell. Pretty cool for a couple of Swedish rugby players..


Last edited by donkeysaint on Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Must have been during 2004 that I played in TA, not 2003)

_________________
Auckland Katipos R.F.C.  |    |   Div. II.2  |  Main Club

Suva Kiwis Rugby Club      |    |   Div. III.11  |  Player Farm

avatar
donkeysaint
Amazing

Posts : 790
Join date : 2015-08-13
Location : Stockholm

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by razorbladeYfronts on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:21 pm

I'm razorbladeYfronts. I don't have any cool playing stories, just played a handful of times at school and touch to keep fit while living abroad.
My only RL link to NZ rugby is getting pissed with Xavier Rush at a bar in Cardiff about 10 years ago and watch him coming on to a girl that was well under 5-foot and gradually mess it up the drunker he got (the fact the rest of us were suggesting they make a porno didn't help the situation, but everyone thought it was a good idea at the time).

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Posts : 187
Join date : 2015-12-08
Location : Madrid

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by donkeysaint on Mon May 02, 2016 8:55 pm

Razor, I have always been intrigued about Antarctica being your home in BR. I have gone between thinking you might be scientist or an evil oil exploiter, or perhaps that it's all some kind of ruse.scratch

Pray tell..

_________________
Auckland Katipos R.F.C.  |    |   Div. II.2  |  Main Club

Suva Kiwis Rugby Club      |    |   Div. III.11  |  Player Farm

avatar
donkeysaint
Amazing

Posts : 790
Join date : 2015-08-13
Location : Stockholm

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by ivelostmysparky on Mon May 02, 2016 10:08 pm

He could be a lover of penguins.
avatar
ivelostmysparky
Amazing

Posts : 730
Join date : 2015-08-11
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by Pantherus on Tue May 03, 2016 9:15 am

ivelostmysparky wrote:He could be a lover of penguins.

...Giggidy...
avatar
Pantherus
Sumptuous

Posts : 474
Join date : 2015-08-09

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by chewy on Tue May 03, 2016 10:19 am

ivelostmysparky wrote:He could be a lover of penguins.

or ice.
avatar
chewy
Sumptuous

Posts : 419
Join date : 2015-08-10
Location : Waikato. But Black White All Day Hawkes Bay!

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by razorbladeYfronts on Tue May 03, 2016 11:41 am

Donkey - It's because I'm a BR itinerant. Can't play in my home nation of Spain because of my allergy to Napoleon syndrome and sheeple, didn't want to put another home down so chose one of the places I'd love to call home. I'm a member of the BR Antarctica Massive, there are a few of us that campaign for the creation of the majestic BR Nation of Antarctica to rise from J's keyboard. I also love it on "Risk", well, that and Kamchatka.

Sparky - when you say lover ... ? affraid

Junior Yfronts (2011 model) has been singing "Let it go" for a year (school thing), so I don't know if that makes me love ice even more, or make me want to emigrate to Antarctica with just a club in hand.

On the theme though, there are quite a few BR inhabitants I wouldn't mind putting on ice .... in the mafia sense. clown

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Posts : 187
Join date : 2015-12-08
Location : Madrid

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by tryasta on Tue May 03, 2016 7:28 pm

razorbladeYfronts wrote:Donkey - It's because I'm a BR itinerant.

So we can assume NZ is the home you want to be at... for now?
avatar
tryasta
Grand

Posts : 992
Join date : 2015-11-20
Location : Cannes

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by ivelostmysparky on Wed May 04, 2016 6:02 am

razorbladeYfronts wrote:
Sparky - when you say lover ... ? affraid

I thought you might have black and white fever.
avatar
ivelostmysparky
Amazing

Posts : 730
Join date : 2015-08-11
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by razorbladeYfronts on Tue May 10, 2016 3:28 am

tryasta wrote:
razorbladeYfronts wrote:Donkey - It's because I'm a BR itinerant.

So we can assume NZ is the home you want to be at... for now?

I'll stay here (in one form or another) until Antarctica opens up.

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Posts : 187
Join date : 2015-12-08
Location : Madrid

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by tryasta on Tue May 10, 2016 3:30 am

Division I.1 is going to be massive in season 29.

_________________
--
Elen síla lumenn omentielvo
avatar
tryasta
Grand

Posts : 992
Join date : 2015-11-20
Location : Cannes

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by donkeysaint on Tue May 10, 2016 6:28 am

razorbladeYfronts wrote:
tryasta wrote:
razorbladeYfronts wrote:Donkey - It's because I'm a BR itinerant.

So we can assume NZ is the home you want to be at... for now?

I'll stay here (in one form or another) until Antarctica opens up.
I once had a university professor who said that we were free to submit our essays until "the end of times" (much nicer than the strict deadlines they have now).
Somehow I think the same applies here..  Smile

_________________
Auckland Katipos R.F.C.  |    |   Div. II.2  |  Main Club

Suva Kiwis Rugby Club      |    |   Div. III.11  |  Player Farm

avatar
donkeysaint
Amazing

Posts : 790
Join date : 2015-08-13
Location : Stockholm

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by chewy on Tue May 10, 2016 1:24 pm

Laughing
avatar
chewy
Sumptuous

Posts : 419
Join date : 2015-08-10
Location : Waikato. But Black White All Day Hawkes Bay!

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by van coke on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:06 pm

Just thought since im here could just as well do this.

For those who don't know I am Van Coke
South African by blood and friendly student as can be for a big Afrikaans guy. I am manager of Raionkingu in South Africa
Diggers in Japan
Lionkings in PI and
Amanojaku in Argintina.

Reason for joining is that i am a big fan of NZ in general and am possibly moving there after my studies and i am considering moving/opening a club in new zealand.

Also i love the philosophy with which NZ approaches rugby in all it's forms Very Happy

Cheers
VC

_________________
|| Japan NT||National Manager

|| Raionkingu||Main Club

|| Lionkings||Player Farm

|| Diggers||Player Farm

|| Amanojaku||Player Farm
avatar
van coke
Satisfactory

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-07-22
Age : 23
Location : Potchefstroom
Super Rugby Team : Lions

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by donkeysaint on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:45 pm

Welcome VC! Smile

_________________
Auckland Katipos R.F.C.  |    |   Div. II.2  |  Main Club

Suva Kiwis Rugby Club      |    |   Div. III.11  |  Player Farm

avatar
donkeysaint
Amazing

Posts : 790
Join date : 2015-08-13
Location : Stockholm

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by razorbladeYfronts on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:21 am

Gorrel my spyt kak, draadtrekker! Laughing

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Posts : 187
Join date : 2015-12-08
Location : Madrid

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by van coke on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:13 am

donkeysaint wrote:Welcome VC! Smile

thanks Donkey Very Happy

Razorbladeyfronts wrote:Gorrel my spyt kak, draadtrekker!

En n bloedige nat kak vir jou spanjaard gtaan eet n aartapple Cool
avatar
van coke
Satisfactory

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-07-22
Age : 23
Location : Potchefstroom
Super Rugby Team : Lions

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by chewy on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:50 pm

Yea always good to have more South Africans here cheers
avatar
chewy
Sumptuous

Posts : 419
Join date : 2015-08-10
Location : Waikato. But Black White All Day Hawkes Bay!

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by razorbladeYfronts on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:26 pm

van coke wrote:En n bloedige nat kak vir jou spanjaard gtaan eet n aartapple Cool

Gaan kak in Ellis Park, moffie! Twisted Evil

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Posts : 187
Join date : 2015-12-08
Location : Madrid

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by van coke on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:43 pm

chewy wrote:Yea always good to have more South Africans here cheers

Hahaha Ill bring them all along. Wink
avatar
van coke
Satisfactory

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-07-22
Age : 23
Location : Potchefstroom
Super Rugby Team : Lions

Back to top Go down

Re: (Re)Introduce Yourselves

Post by van coke on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:51 pm

razorbladeYfronts wrote:
van coke wrote:En n bloedige nat kak vir jou spanjaard gtaan eet n aartapple Cool

Gaan kak in Ellis Park, moffie! Twisted Evil

Ellis Park is n koningkryk vir alle rugby liefhebbers jou kont :p

_________________
|| Japan NT||National Manager

|| Raionkingu||Main Club

|| Lionkings||Player Farm

|| Diggers||Player Farm

|| Amanojaku||Player Farm
avatar
van coke
Satisfactory

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-07-22
Age : 23
Location : Potchefstroom
Super Rugby Team : Lions

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum